iPad mini (6th gen)
Why buy this tablet?
The new iPad mini. Featuring an all-screen design with an 8.3-inch Liquid Retina display with True Tone and wide colour. A powerful A15 Bionic chip with Neural Engine. A 12MP Ultra Wide front camera with Center Stage and 12MP Wide back camera. There’s USB-C connectivity and Ultrafast 5G. You can take notes, mark up documents, or capture your biggest ideas with Apple Pencil (2nd generation) that attaches magnetically and charges wirelessly.
- 12MP Ultra Wide front camera with Center Stage + 12MP Wide back camera
- 8.3" Liquid Retina display with True Tone and wide colour
- A15 Bionic chip with Neural Engine
- Up to 10 hours of battery life
Find the right iPad for you.
◊ Legal Disclaimers
Mobile and Wireless
Data plan required. 5G and 4G LTE are available in selected markets and through selected carriers. Speeds are based on theoretical throughput and vary based on site conditions and carrier. For details on 5G and LTE support, contact your carrier and see apple.com/au/ipad/cellular/networks.
The displays have rounded corners. When measured diagonally as a rectangle, the iPad Pro 12.9-inch screen is 12.9 inches, the iPad Pro 11-inch screen is 11 inches, the iPad Air (4th generation) screen is 10.86 inches and the iPad mini (6th generation) screen is 8.3 inches. Actual viewable area is less.
Power and Battery
Battery life varies by use and configuration; see apple.com/au/batteries for more information.
FaceTime calling requires a FaceTime-enabled device for the caller and recipient, and a Wi‑Fi connection. Availability over a mobile network depends on carrier policies; data charges may apply.
Apps are available on the App Store. Title availability is subject to change.
Available space is less and varies due to many factors. A standard configuration uses approximately 10GB to 13GB of space (including iPadOS and preinstalled apps), depending on the model and settings. Preinstalled apps use about 4GB, and you can delete and restore them. Storage capacity subject to change based on software version, and may vary by device.
Some features may not be available in all countries or all areas. See apple.com/au/ios/feature-availability for complete list.
Vodafone’s 5G Network is progressively being rolled out to selected areas of Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, Canberra and Perth. 5G approved device required, with any Vodafone postpaid or prepaid mobile plan, in a Vodafone 5G Coverage area to access the 5G Network In non-5G coverage areas, you’ll automatically switch to our 4G or 3G networks. Actual speeds vary due to location & network congestion. Check coverage and for updates when 5G is coming to your area at vodafone.com.au/5g.
- Operating System
- iPadOS 15
- A15 Bionic chip with 64-bit desktop-class architecture, Neural Engine
- A15 Bionic chip
- Internal Memory Capacity
- 64GB, 256GB
- Size & Type
- 8.3-inch Liquid Retina display (diagonal) LED-backlit Multi-Touch display with IPS technology
- 2266 x 1488 resolution at 326 ppi
- 12MP Ultra Wide (f/2.4 aperture)
- 12MP Wide (f/1.8 aperture)
- 4K video recording at 24 fps, 25 fps, 30 fps, or 60 fps, 1080p HD video recording at 25 fps, 30 fps, or 60 fps, 720p HD video recording at 30 fps
- Digital zoom up to 5x
- Quad-LED True Tone flash
- Built-in 19.3-watt-hour rechargeable lithium-polymer battery
- Up to 10 hours of surfing the web on Wi-Fi or watching video, up to 9 hours of surﬁng the web using a mobile data network
- SIM Type
- nano-SIM and eSIM
- 802.11ax Wi‑Fi 6; simultaneous dual band (2.4GHz and 5GHz); HT80 with MIMO
- Bluetooth® 5.0 technology
- Built-in GPS/GNSS
- IMS Services
- Wi-Fi Calling
- 5G Bands
- N1, N2, N3, N5, N7, N8, N12, N20, N25, N28, N30, N38, N40, N41, N48, N66, N77, N78, N79
- 4G Bands
- 700, 800, 850, 900, 1500, 1800, 1900, 2100, 2300, 2600
- 3G Bands
- 800, 850, 900, 1700, 1900, 2100
- DC-HSDPA, Gigabit LTE
- Internet Browser
- H x W x D
- 195.4 x 134.8 x 6.3 mm
- 297 grams
- USB‑C Charge Cable (1 metre)
- 20W USB‑C Power Adapter